Joey D. VanLaningham
Director of Strength and Conditioning
Joey is the Founder and President of The Impact Coach, LLC (TIC). TIC is a comprehensive venture which specializes in Sport Specific Training, Fitness DVD development, Fitness Program design, and Trainer Education. In addition to his duties with TIC, Joey is also a highly regarded Strength & Speed Coach and Personal Fitness Trainer in Austin, Texas.
Prior to founding TIC, Joey served as a Strength and Conditioning Coach with the University of Texas, in Austin. In that capacity, he worked closely with team sports including Baseball, Baseball, Track & Field and Swimming. Joey also served as the head personal trainer for the Dr. Phil Weight Loss Challenge in Elgin, Texas.
In earlier ventures, Joey served as Vice President of Business Development for All-Pro Training, Inc. In that capacity, he was responsible for creating new business opportunities in the field of Training Technology and Application. Prior to moving to Business Development, Joey held the position of Chief Content Editor and writer for the web site AllProTraining.com.
Other posts that Joey held prior to starting TIC include coaching Football and Strength & Conditioning at Kansas State University and Track & Field at Coffeyville Community College. Aside from coaching, Joey has been a regional Director of Promotions for PowerBar, Inc. as well as, Manager and Personal Trainer at several clubs in Kansas and Texas.
Joey competed in football and track and field during his college years and has used his experience to great success during his 20+ years as a Coach and Personal Trainer.
Joey grew up in Dodge City, Kansas and majored in English Literature at Kansas State University. Most importantly, Joey has been happily married for 14 years to Amy and they have two beautiful daughters Grace (13) and Anna (10).
- Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach at The University of Texas
- Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach and Football Coach at Kansas State University
- Assistant Track & Field Coach at Coffeyville Community College
- Head Personal Trainer for the Dr. Phil TV series “Save This Town” in Elgin, Texas
- Developer of the acclaimed Home Fitness Program RF456
- This is a 2 minute introduction to RF456: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yF_P7DGuBk
- These clips are from my DVD series. In these clips I talk about my personal fitness philosophy and the ideology behind RF456: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEE6w8wGZ6w, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q-JzjEONcQ
- These clips cover the meaning of 4-5-6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31KkDdbdIHY, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBuzvzlLu44, https://www.com/watch?v=zTJN1U2-RLM
- Here are a few success stories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR3pLpSst2Y, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_RylNioHY